Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Monday, August 25, 2014

The Art Institute of Las Vegas Review: How Important is Class Time?

Just how important is classroom time at AI?  Well, I know I make a few references around the blog posts, but I had one not too long ago that took the cake.

We showed up to class ready to present some work we had done for our projects.  Right when class was to start, the instructor came in and let us know that s/he had to go do something else for a while.  The instructor then told us to use this time to work on our projects.

This "for a while" ended up being two hours.  I already had my work done and ready to present, so I just sat around.  I wasn't going to change anything on my work because I already made all the changes told to me from the previous week.

(How much is your time worth?  Do you like wasting time?)
 
Does it matter what the instructor had to go do?  I don't believe so.  The instructor left the class.  Left us.  There were about 13 students in the class.  Each physical hour in class amounts to about $32 paid by each student.  This totals to about $832 wasted (or earned, if you're AILV).

The instructor had to go sit on a review board for graduating students.  We were never told if someone on the board didn't show up or someone wasn't scheduled to be there. When the instructor came back, we did in two hours what normally took us four hours.

Was it right for the instructor to just leave class for a couple hours?  Was this a rogue decision made by the instructor, or was it more likely cleared by those higher up?

List of all the posts I have about my experiences at AILV


No comments:

Post a Comment