Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Flattr Me, Will Ya!?

I was listening to the radio on my way to school one day and I heard about Flattr.  Essentially, it allows one to micro-tip a website, blogger, vlogger, etc.

If you are tired of being slammed with ads (I know I am, and I would love to have no side ads on my website), this could be a step to helping rid of them (Flattr is nice and supports using it with ads :).  This excerpt is taken directly from their website and explains simply how you can use it:

"When you're registered to flattr, you add money to your account and set a monthly budget. During the month you flattr creators by clicking the Flattr-button next to their content. At the end of the month, your monthly budget is divided between all the things you flattered and sent to the creators."

(The two buttons you'll see on my blog)

So, as a Supporter, you put in $4.07 (that was the current minimum in USD at the time of this writing, minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 7 months), Flattr is based in Europe so they go by the Euro), go and Flattr 100 Creators, and at the end of the month, each of those 50 get a part of the $4.07.  It's not a lot (a little over 8 cents a piece), but those little pieces add up.  You don't even have to worry about Flattr-ing too many Creators either - it'll send parts of a cent!  It's as simple as liking a video on Youtube/Instagram...you like the video/pic and, if the Creator has their account connected, it'll Flattr the creator!

I just added five months to Flattr.  It was $20.40.  Think about how little this actually is.  For the next five months, my $20.40 will go throughout the internet support the creations that I like and want to see more of!  You can even adjust how much per month after you deposit!

(Budget can go as low as 2 Euros/month)


This awesome service doesn't come free, of course, but only an additional 10% of the money (not figured in above example) you put into your Flattr account is given to Flattr.

Creating takes a lot of work, time, and sometimes money.  Just look at my recent upload for my review on WWE Payback.  That took almost 10 hours to create, from the start of the PPV till upload (to create a 14 minute video)!  At the time of this writing, I had 273 views.  If each viewer just sent a half a cent, that's a whole $1.37!  That's not much, but that's a whole $1.37 I didn't have and I could use it for more videos (in The RAW Loaf's case, I would buy more white T-shirts!).

Please support this innovative creation!  I'm excited!  You'll see the Flattr button at the top of my blog at all times.  I know there are plenty of Creators you've watched or read all over the internet (videos, photographs, stories, reports, etc.) that have had to quit that you would have loved to see more of, but trust me, upkeep on equipment and life can take its toll.  So go support them and spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment