Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Friday, June 6, 2014

How Important Is Flattr?

It is important enough for me to send out two letters two Colt Cabana and Tim Kreider.
 

I hand wrote a letter to Colt Cabana letting him know about it because I feel it could help him out.  He does this awesome Art of Wrestling podcast every week and doesn't charge for it.  I think Flattr will be a way for his listeners who don't have money to splurge on his merch but can give him some cents on the dollar (or a cent of a cent, depending on how many they Flattr).

Mr. Tim Kreider wrote the article "Slaves of the, Unite!" and I went to Flattr him on his website, and he had no Flattr button.  Awesome article about how most creative-types are suppose to work for free and get "exposure" in return.  I also liked how he talked about how much work it is to do what he does, but most people don't see it as work for some reason.

I strongly believe everyone, especially creatives, need to start putting their foot down and demanding money for their services.  I know it won't happen, but we can slowly push in that direction, and maybe ask some people to Flattr us as we go.  If you haven't seen my blog on Flattr, you can see it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment