Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Friday, July 18, 2014

The Art Insitute of Las Vegas Review: A Heads Up

I know there are many complaints about this school online, and these series of blogs (with the label "AILV") will not differentiate.  I think it is only fair to have an opposing look at anything that is advertised as a perfect institution. 

While I'm at the school, there is an endless flow of guided tours given by the admissions staff.  Every once in a while, they tell the prospective students and their families things that aren't fully true - a half-truth, if you will - or information that just isn't true.



For example, The Art Institute of Las Vegas use to be a sponsor of the Dam Short Film Festival.  It was an actual partner that helped set up the film festival.  However, when I started school in 2012, the school had no part of the film festival, and had no part for some time. 

About summertime 2013, an admissions officer had a prospective student in front of the Dam Short Film Festival display in a hallway.  I was sitting in the room next to the display near the door.  The admissions officer informed the prospect that AI works with the Dam Short Film Festival and it has a student block of time set aside for work from students to be shown.

To this day, the only AI presence comes in the form of volunteers from the school to do work (videography, documentary type work) on the festival, but anyone can do this as long as they sign up through the proper channels.

Again, you can come to my blog and click on the label "AILV" to view a lot more of my experiences at the school or commentary on my view of higher education in general.  This will give you a much better idea of what you may getting in to so you can make a much better decision for yourself.

List of all the posts I have about my experiences at AILV

No comments:

Post a Comment