Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Art Institute of Las Vegas Reviews: Student Mentors

When I arrived at The Art Institute of Las Vegas, I received a Student Mentor.  The mentors are essentially guides for new students.  Ideally, the mentor is in the same field as the student so the mentor can help the student more effectively. 

However, I received a mentor that was in Graphic Design.  She helped me when she could, but why wasn't I paired with a mentor from my major or something close to my major?  I really didn't care about who was my mentor once I started to find out that not everyone got mentors. 


(AILV Peer Mentors' Facebook page.  I'm not friends, so maybe their last update wasn't 7 months ago)
 
My issue with the peer mentors is that they have standards, but I didn't see them fulfilled.  Some peer mentors were often late to classes, failed classes, and withdrew from classes.  I believe there is a GPA requirement, but maintaining a decent GPA at AILV isn't hard to do.
 
I've only saw one Peer Mentor in my last quarter, and I saw her quite a bit.  She was either highly motivated or the only one.

List of all the posts I have about my experiences at AILV

No comments:

Post a Comment