Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Birth of a New Nation (Silent Short Film)




This is my last piece of work I made while attending The Art Institute of Las Vegas.  If you understood a part what I was trying to communicate through this piece, you'll know that I am extremely unhappy with my experience at The Art Institute of Las Vegas.  The part I was trying to communicate was the fact that The Devil came from and returned to the area where the Art Institute thermos and koozie were on the counter.

I quit The Art Institute of Las Vegas with only four classes to complete before obtaining my Bachelor's Degree in Digital Filmmaking and Video Production.  For a list of reasons, check out my list of reasons.

This short film also spurred from my distain for Abraham Lincoln.  He isn't the savior that most of the world believes he is.  If you would like a different look at Lincoln, check out the books The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary WarLincoln Unmasked: What You're Not Supposed to Know About Dishonest Abe, and LINCOLN ÜBER ALLES: Dictatorship Comes to America (Kindle & Hardcover links available at end of blog post).

(Lincoln reaching for power - credit to BrylleGav)

A few notes:

1.  Some people ask why he is looking at which can of beer to grab so long.  It's because Lincoln wasn't smart ;)

2.  The contract the thief grabs at the beginning is the contract that The Devil and Abraham Lincoln had.  He went to destroy it before Lincoln could seal the deal contract.

3.  The picture is of Mary Todd Lincoln, Abraham's wife.  She was part of the contract, as well as Lincoln getting the power to become President of the United States.

4.  Title is taken from D.W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation, United States' first blockbuster film.  The "New" was added in because it took a contract with the Devil to create a presidency in a republic that in near-dictatorship.

5.  The cans of beer were chosen because Lincoln was known for his log cabin or something.

The Real Lincoln - Hardcover
 
The Real Lincoln - Kindle

 
Lincoln Unmasked - Hardcover

 
Lincoln Unmasked - Kindle

 
Lincoln Uber Alles - Hardcover

 
Lincoln Uber Alles - Kindle


List of all the posts I have about my experiences at AILV
 

(The version I had to turn in for class. It only has the music with no color correction, a few different cuts, and no title card or credits.)

No comments:

Post a Comment