Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Art Institute of Las Vegas: Graduation / Finals Week Classes

This last Thursday was the Portfolio Show (rumor mill is saying employer turnout to these have not been great lately) and annual graduation for the Art Institute of Las Vegas at the Fashion Show Mall on the Las Vegas Strip. 

I didn't attend, but I do know that all full-time instructors from the school had to attend.  The ceremony also went over class time.  This means that all full-time instructors who had classes to teach didn't show up for an hour or two of class time.  I don't know if instructors let their classes out early to attend, but I do know the evening classes' times were infringed. 


The solution?  Don't schedule full-time instructors a class when the one time a year graduation occurs.  Simple.

Another $30 per student per hour down the drain.  I hear it was a nice ceremony though.

(Generally how a class looks shortly after it starts during Finals Week)

I don't understand why this school doesn't take its class time seriously (if you've read my other posts, you'll understand).  It is very rare that a full class period is used on the final week of classes.  Here is how the vast majority of my finals classes went:

1.  Showed up.
2.  Took final exam / final presentation / just turned in a project.
3.  Dismissed.

There were times when I wouldn't even be in class for 30 minutes on the last day.  That's roughly $105 of class time per class tossed out the window. 

List of all the posts I have about my experiences at AILV

No comments:

Post a Comment