Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Monday, September 29, 2014

The Art Institute of Las Vegas Reviews: Instructor Ratings

***No, sorry, I'm not rating or reviewing the instructors at the school.  The problems with the school are beyond that.***

One thing that looks great is the fact that instructors at the school get rated during their classes.  Unfortunately, it has the utmost potential to be subjective.

From what I have seen, instructors know when they are going to get rated/reviewed.  I have heard a handful of my instructors declare not only that they're going to get reviewed in class, but they are usually even given a time period it will happen.  The reviewers are faculty members, which allows for personal input into the review.  It is a small school, so most of the faculty members know each other.

(The whole time I have attended AILV, it usually has put student work up on these displays.  This was new this Summer '14 quarter)
 

I'm no expert in education, but I feel the way this should be worked is a third party reviewer should arrive unannounced into the classroom.  This way, it is much more of an objective study at the most natural time.  If instructors know when they are getting reviewed, they [can] alter how their class is presented to make themselves look great.

When I first started school, I remember these reviews happening about once a quarter.  However, in the last year, I haven't seen one reviewer.  This easily could be a timing issue, of which I have no doubt is the case.  Maybe things have changed.

List of all the posts I have about my experiences at AILV


No comments:

Post a Comment