Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Gambler's Anonymus: An Independent Public Service Announcement

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/
http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

 
When I was attending college, I had to shoot a Public Service Announcement.  My co-director, @GaviolaMedia, and I came up with the idea to do it on gambling.

We knew we had to use The Rose for the main role, and we got Kristi for supporting actress.  They did a great job, as you will see in the following PSAs:




 
We sent these commercials to Gambler's Anonymous and they never got back to us :(  We didn't think they were too bad for not having a budget!
 
We also thought the best part was the slogan "Don't Bet on Debt".  If anything, we thought we would get a response on that!  But nope!  Oh well, at least we had fun doing these (except the doing-it-for-a-class part....if we would have saved the $3,000 from the class and just invested it in to this commercial who knows what we could have done!)  I can't complain though - I do enjoy the "I Bet I Can Quit" slogan as well.
 
If you like The Rose's performance, make sure to check out this blog post I did on him appearing in some of mine and @GaviolaMedia's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment