Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Marvel Puzzle Quest: 121 (99) Token Open Marathon and Gameply tips

(If you came for the memes, keep scrolling down!)



(Video Link: http://youtu.be/capJfoGCNXw)

Here is a list of what each drawn token gave me:

** 2-Stars
Ares - Green x2, Red, Yellow x3
Black Widow - Purple x2, Blue, Black
Bullseye - Purple, Black x4
Captain America - Yellow x7, Red, Blue x4
Captain Marvel - Red x4, Black x2, Yellow
Daken - Purple x2, Black x3, Blue
Hawkeye - Blue x5, Red x4, Purple
Human Torch - Red x3, Black x2, Green x4
Magneto - Blue x3, Purple, Red x5
Moonstone - Purple x3, Red x4, Black x6
Storm - Green x3, Blue x2, Yellow x3
Thor - Yellow x2, Green
Wolverine - Green x2, Yellow, Red x6

*** 3-Stars
Black Widow - Red
Captain America - Red
Dr. Doom - Black
Daredevil - Blue
Human Torch - Red
Iron Fist - Green, Black
Iron Man - Yellow
Luke Cage - Yellow
Ms. Marvel - Yellow, Green
Mystique - Black
Psylocke - Blue
Ragnarok - Green x2
Storm - Black
Thor - Red x2

**** 4-Stars
Invisible Woman - Blue
Star-Lord - Purple

Total Tokens Drawn:  121
Heroes: 87
Villians: 34

One interesting note I found is that it seems that there are some patterns in the draws.  For instance, characters that have had powers added to them after initial launch (Hawkeye, Daken) have those powers drawn less.

(The first page of my roster!)

Here is what my roster looks like:

45 slots

**
Human Torch Lvl 49 - R4, Bla4, G5

***
Captain America Lvl 139 - Y3, R5, Blu5
Black Panther Lvl 133 - Y5, Blu5, Bla3
Psylocke Lvl 133 - R4, Blu5, Bla4
Black Widow Lvl 131 - G5, R3, P5
Falcon Lvl 131 - Y4, Blu5, P4
Thor Lvl 131 - R4, Y4, G5
Captain Marvel Lvl 130 - R5, Bla5, Y2
The Hood Lvl 128 - Y5, Blu5, Bla3
The Hulk Lvl 126 - G5, R3, Bla5
Storm Lvl 124 - G3, Y5, Bla5
Iron Man Lvl 120 - R3, Blu5, Y5
The Punisher Lvl 109 - Bla5, G5, R2
Daredevil Lvl 101 - P5, Blu4, R4
Doctor Doom Lvl 84 - Bla4, Blu4, P2
Daken Lvl 82 - P2, Bla4, Blu4
Loki Lvl 82 - Bla5, P1, G2
She-Hulk Lvl 76 - Blu2, G4, R3
Magneto Lvl 74 - Y4, R4, Blu2
Sentry Lvl 73 - R5, G4, Y2
Wolverine Lvl 63 - G5, R3, Y4
Doctor Octopus Lvl 60 - Blu3, Bla4, G4
Blade Lvl 56 - Bla5, P2, G2
Gamora Lvl 56- G3, R3
Spiderman Lvl 47 - Y4, Blu3, P4
Deadpool Lvl 45 - R3, P5, Bla3
Human Torch Lvl 43 - R4, Bla4, G5
Beast Lvl 43 - Blu2, G3
Rocket & Groot Lvl 40 - Y1, G5, Blu4
Colossus Lvl 40 - Y2, R4, Bla3
Squirrel Girl Lvl 40 - Y3, P5
Mystique Lvl 40 - P2, Blu4, Bla2
Cyclops Lvl 40 - R2, Y2, Bla2
Kamala Khan Lvl 40 - Y2, P1, G3
Luke Cage Lvl 40 - Y1, R3, Bla2
Iron Fist Lvl 40 - G1, Bla2
Ragnarok Lvl 40 - G2, R1
Quicksilver Lvl 40 - Bla1, Blu2, G1
Scarlet Witch Lvl 40 - G1 (should be a couple more :( Thx Ultron you twat!)

****
Wolverine Lvl 78 - G1, Bla2, Y2
Invisible Woman Lvl 74 - Y2, Blu3, G3
Devil Dinosaur Lvl 70 - G1, R1, P2
Nick Fury Lvl 70 - Blu1, P2
Star-Lord Lvl 70 - P2, Y1
Elektra Lvl 70 - R1
Thor - Lvl 70 R1

And yes...those 3-stars I sold...I already had those characters maxed on the powers I wanted.  Some of you have seemed concerned that I just sold covers for no reason, lol.

Team Groupings
 
Psylocke + Thor (Modern) + Falcon.  This is my Deadpool Daily team for whichever the daily 3-star character is.  Get 5 blue so Falcon can stop countdown tiles, use Psylocke's Red and Black so Falcon can power up with his Yellow, of which Thor can spam for greens and Thunder Storm when the real villains show up!

Captain America (Steve Rogers) + The Hood.  Simple.  'Ol Cap throws his reds and blues while Hood's black power hurries the countdowns.  The blue will return before the stun is over, but it only replaces 10 blue, so be careful!

Black Panther +Black Widow (Grey Suit).  All six colors are covered by these two.  If I can get Panther's Yellow out right before using Widow's Purple, I'm a happy camper!  With my roster now, I'll throw in Iron Man (Model 40) for an active blue power.

Falcon + Storm (Mohawk).  My early PVP ladder climbing team.

Winning PVP

(This was a bunch of bullllllllsnap!)
 
See that 2nd place in the ladder?  I accomplished that in 57 minutes of play time, and I'm surprised more people don't do it.
 
If you play in just the last hour of a PVP event, you won't get attacked.  I am guessing that is because it takes that long for you to get populated in their servers as an entrant.
 
Don't let this fool you!  I haven't placed above top 10 in a couple months.  This is a rarity that has only happened a couple times.  And to be honest, I actually placed first in this event!  The "Time Left" section was empty for about 30 seconds while I was first, and then they let someone place ahead of me, lol!

Now, some people have wanted me to give more information about how I do PVP.  I would suggest that when you are building your roster to stock up on ISO until you can level up 2-3 pairs of covers to around level 130.  That will be a lot for sure, but it could be worth it.

The first three matches I get an easy 70 points defeating the first three teams.  I then skip any team that doesn't give me at least 35 points for a win, and up until the last couple rounds of the hour, the teams have characters from maxed out 2-stars to 3-stars up to level 130.  Sometimes I get up to 49 points for a win.

I also usually don't have a problem with health packs.  I generally use all five freely, especially when the AI feels the need to cascade on me every round.  In Blue Shift, for example, I only used 3 health packs in the hour. 

It is a very fast and intense hour.  You don't want to lose one match.  If each match is 7 minutes, you can get 8-9 matches in, but if you have at least one heavy hitter (Hello Grey Suit 5 Green power!) in your team, that can cut that 7 minutes down a bit.

In short, find 6 3-star characters you want to build up, but don't build them up until you are ready to get them all up to the 120-level range....however, I have been doing this for months now.
 
Sooooo....is anyone interested in buying my account? :)
 
And now...memes!  Created with Meme Generator by Zombodroid on Android!
 



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment