Flattr

Flattr this
Wondering what this button is? Read my blog on it to find out!

Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Art Institute of Las Vegas Reviews: Quality of Graduation Work

Here is an example of what the school expects out of its [film] graduating students:


(Link to video if it won't play for you: http://youtu.be/aJ4iLx4-ghE)

This portfolio reel was presented to the graduation board in 2014.  The student then was allowed to take the final class.  The reel must be cleared by the graduation board in order to graduate.  It is the most important thing out of everything at the school for film students.  Without it, one supposedly has no chance of getting a job anywhere.

In the class, we were suppose to show "significant progress" on our work in order to pass the class.  While I was attending the class, the student only showed his/her website for a few weeks.  I never saw any other work presented by the student other than a website.

The student has been attending the school at least as long as I was, and I believe the student started a little before me.  I completed 2.75 years at the school.

I removed the logo and altered the student's voice so the student couldn't be identified.

Is this what three years of schooling and over $85,000 in tuition is worth?

List of all the posts I have about my experiences at AILV

No comments:

Post a Comment